Nakhon Ratchasima Rajabhat University
International Scholarship Scheme 2015:
Call for 2nd Round Application
Nakhon Ratchasima Rajabhat University (NRRU) offers an NRRU International Scholarship Scheme to qualified international students who would like to pursue a degree at NRRU. The scheme aims to aid academically outstanding international students by funding their studies at NRRU. Below is the full information.
The NRRU International Graduate Scholarship (NRRU-IGS)
5 scholarships are provided for international students from the following countries who meet the following criteria.
1. Hold one of these nationalities: Bruneian, Burmese, Indonesian, Filipino,
Malaysian, Laotian, Singaporean, Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, New Zealander and Indian
2. Completed bachelor degree with a minimum GPA of 2.70 out of 4.00 scales or else is subject to the NRRU-IGS committees’ consideration.
3. Be able to communicate in English efficiently.
4. Obtain related educational background of the intended courses.
5. Relevant work experience will be considered in the selection procedure.
6. Be able to study all courses in Thai.
Required Documents: The required documents are as follows:
1. Completed application form (the application form can be downloaded from Here Application Form 2nd round
2. Two photographs (2-inch)
3. A certified copy of Passport or ID card
4. A certified copy of transcript/academic record
5. A certified copy of graduation certificate
6. Two letters of references (preferably from teachers/advisers)
7. A certified copy of English proficiency test result (if any)
8. One-page essay written in either English or Thai on the topic “Benefits of studying in Thailand to myself and my country”
How to apply:
Interested persons are required to:
(1) Scan all required documents and send the files to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and,
(2) Post the application package to
International Affairs Office
Nakhon Ratchasima Rajabhat University
340 Suranarai Road, Muang,
Nakhon Ratchasima, 30000
* Please note that the required documents must be in English. No application fee is required. *
Scholarship Application Deadline: 20 June 2015
Call for applications 27 May – 20 June 2015
Application deadline 20 June 2015
Application verification 20 June 2015
Interview eligible candidates via phone or Skype 24 June 2015
Announcement of successful candidates 25 June 2015
Successful candidates contact NRRU regarding the student visa aspect.
25 June – 10 July 2015
Successful candidates register as a new student at NRRU.
18 July 2015
1st semester of academic year 2015 starts August 2015
Applicants can choose two of the following degrees (1st and 2nd priority):
1. Master of Arts Program in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
2. Master of Education Program in Educational Technology and Communications
3. Master of Education Program in Educational Research and Evaluation
4. Master of Public Health Program in Community Health Development
5. Master of Education Program in Curriculum and Instruction
Note: Master of Arts in Teaching English as a Foreign Language is taught in English.
Eligible candidates will be interviewed via phone or online communication.
NRRU-IGS committees will draw up a short list of candidates on the basis of outstanding academic record and Thai language competency. The short-listed candidates will be interviewed and considered on basis of intention, attitude, extra-curricular activities, international perception and adaptability to a new country. The scholarship will begin in 1st semester of academic year 2015 (August 2015).
Please note that the scholarship may be suspended or terminated if the scholars have not made satisfactory progress in the first semester. Failure in two or more courses in a semester will automatically result in the termination of the scholarship.
During the scholarship period, any employment of the scholars must be approved by the Director of International Affairs Office.
The scholars under NRRU-IUS can apply for other scholarship programs, if the other scholarships allow them to do so.
Benefits and Conditions:
1. Successful candidates are exempted of tuition fees for 4 semesters and 2 summer sessions. (2 academic years)
2. Successful candidates are required to pay for registration fee. (2,000 Baht)
3. Successful candidates are required to pay for damage warranty fee. (1,000 Baht)
For more information, please contact:
Phone: +6644 248 495
or +6686 451 7340